Google is about to penalize sites that are not “mobile friendly” beginning April 21. Is your site ready to serve mobile devices?
Mobile apps and mobile web usage accounts for over 60% of all time spent on the internet, and it’s growing everyday. Your site needs to look great on iPhones, Android devices, iPads, and everything in between. If it doesn’t look good, Google will penalize your site’s search results beginning April 21. This could mean lost money for your business! If you don’t exist on Google, you don’t exist… period!
Check if your site is mobile-friendly
Google has a mobile friendly test with steps to fix any issues. If your site uses pop-up windows, Flash animation, or the text is too small on a mobile device, it will fail the test and you should remedy issues such as these immediately.
Don’t get caught with your pants down after April 21. Need help? Contact us today!
Detailed Guide on Mobile SEO
(Infographic by Nine Hertz)
When Kristina Halvorson wrote The Discipline of Content Strategy six years ago, she basically invented an industry – and it’s thriving today.
Content matters. You can have a beautiful site with professionally designed graphics, but if your content sucks then so does your website.
The web is content. Content is the web. It deserves our time and attention.
Have you ever hired a web designer to spruce up your site with bells and whistles and graphics and then the content was thrown in at the last minute, as if it were an afterthought? Content comes first. It’s the elephant in the room.
Halvorson’s points may seem obvious, but they are often overlooked. If you’re not identifying and implementing the following, then you don’t have a content strategy:
- Editorial strategy – assess customer needs as related to business requirements
- Web writing – create useful, usable content that is intended for online publication and reflects the voice of your company
- Metadata (data about data) strategy – identify and structure your content so that it can be used and re-used in meaningful ways.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – can customers find you?
- Content management strategy – use the right technology and well-trained staff to create, publish, and store your content.
- Content channel distribution strategy – define how and where content will be made available. e.g. go beyond the web with email marketing to drive traffic.
Lunasa Media specializes in content strategy for the web and your business deserves to shine from within. Contact us today so we can work together to create a website that shines well beyond the flashy photos and graphics.